Get similar jobs sent to your email
Medical assistants handle basic clerical and administrative tasks at medical facilities such as hospitals and doctors' offices. Unlike other medical professionals, medical assistants need only a one- or two-year certificate or diploma to get started in this field, and demand is expected to rise 23% in the next couple of years.
A typical day for a medical assistant may include:
- Gathering the patient's medical history and updating medical files
- Taking basic vital signs like blood pressure
- Assisting doctors with the basic activities involved in standard examinations or simple procedures
- Preparing samples for lab testing
- Scheduling patient appointments and managing the office schedule
Making of a successful medical assistant
A Medical Assistant can make an average salary of around $37,000 annually. Those who work in outpatient care facilities have the higher salaries, followed by medical assistants in hospitals and those in physicians’ offices.
Top locations for Medical Assistant jobs:Houston,TX Orlando,FL San Antonio,TX Chicago,IL Phoenix,AZ