Commercial Technician Apprentice
“The business is the business but not all dealerships are the same.
Come see what sets us apart from the competition”.
Jim Riehl’s Friendly’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM in Lapeer, MI is looking for Commercial Technician Apprentice to join their industry leading Service Team! Enjoy excellent pay and performance incentives at a dealership where your skills will be recognized and rewarded!
· Automotive Commercial Technician Apprentice perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders on Diesel Vehicles with efficiency and in accordance with dealership standards under the guidance of a senior technician
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain diesel mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast of rapidly changing technology
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made
As an Automotive Commercial Technician Apprentice, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- 3 years prior experience as a mechanic
- experienced mechanic at an oil change or aftermarket shop or dealership looking to further their career to becoming a Factory Certified technician. Having an interest in larger commercial vehicles and diesel engines recommended
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- Must pass drug test
We offer industry leading pay and full benefits including 401k matching
- Automotive Industry
- Customer Service
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems
- Problem Solving