To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Gina Leposa
- Phone: 610.706.0343 x104
- Phone:: 610.706.0289
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GLOBAL EMPLOYMENT USA • Chicago, IL
Posted 27 days ago
The General Manager of the scrap metals facility will focus on ensuring operations run effectively and efficiently. The General Manager will be responsible for Health and Safety and Environmental compliance, quality control, inventory, working to continuously improve facilities, administration and management of the production and maintenance managers and supervisors.
The General Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure safe work practices are implemented and followed at all times at the scrap metals facility
- Monitor Health and safety procedures and environmental compliance for all locations
- Report issues to General Manager
- Oversee plant operations and maintenance of the scrap metals facility
- Investigate, verify and analyze operational data
- Monitor and maintain maintenance procedures and records for equipment
- Ensure facility goals are met
- Assess transportation and other sub-contractors effectiveness
- Ensure equipment is available for the scrap metals facility
- Ensure material purchase quotes are met and material is being transferred or shipped on time
- Responsible for inventory of material in all facilities
- Make sure inventory is stored in compliance with internal controls
- Budgeting and forecasting – operate scrap metals facility within budget make recommendations regarding the condition of facility equipment, operation needs, and environmental necessities
- Ensure employees receive all training
- Follow scrap metals facility HR guidelines pertaining to status and salary changes, goal setting, and reviews and evaluations
The General Manager will possess the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience in scrap yard operations
- Familiar with physical operations and personnel
- Project management experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Capable of analytical and logical thinking
- Computer skills
- Mathematical skills
Please respond to this ad with your resume attached to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Global Employment USA
4905 W. Tilghman Street, Suite 160-170
Allentown, PA 18104
DIRECT DIAL: (610) 706-0764
Office: (610) 706-0343 x104
Fax: (610) 706-0289
See Job Description above.