To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Melanie Ahern
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tire & Lube Technician
Cassidy Tire & Service Company • Chicago, IL
Posted 28 days ago
Cassidy Tire and Service is part of the fabric of 16 Chicagoland neighborhoods because we know that staying in business takes more than providing a service or product in exchange for our customer’s hard-earned money. It’s about doing your best for each customer—whether it’s a Fortune 500 commercial account, or a young father who has to squeeze a tight budget to get his car back on the road.
As a family, and as a family business, we’ve been blessed to be able to do what we love in a city and surrounding area that we’ve called home for generations.
We’re Chicagoland’s largest independent tire dealer. We’ve remained independent from national chains. Consumers need choice.
When you walk into any Cassidy location, you can count on over 105 years of valuable experience. National chains come and go, but Cassidy has been rooted firmly in the area.
We leave the high-pressure sales to the other guys. You can trust us to give you the best information about your car, leaving you in a solid position to make the right choices. You will never feel intimidated and uneasy at Cassidy.
Responsible for servicing and performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, assisting lead mechanic in repairing vehicles, and assisting personnel with turning-back vehicles.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil, changing and rotating tires, changing light bulbs, and checking fluids.
- Assisting (not training) technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, front end, suspension, alignment, and computer systems.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains an organized and neat bay.
- Maintains and organizes tire stock.
- Delivery of tires to local stores and wholesalers.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
This position offers an industry leading wages and incentives. Cassidy Tire & Service also offers a complete benefits package that is one of the best in the industry. For an exciting and rewarding career, email your resume and cover letter to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
High School Diploma or the equivalent.
1 year shop experience preferred, but willing to train for the position.
Knowledge and Skill
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Keep a neat appearance (uniforms, safety boots/glasses).
- Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including Saturday.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must have a clean drivers license (no DUI, suspensions or tickets)
- Must be able to pass a drug test (hair-based)
Immediate openings at Canal St. (The Loop) & Diversey (Diversey & Halsted-Lincoln Park) stores.
Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge