To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bluffton, IN 46714
- Phone: 260-824-4612 Ext. 1614
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Truck Fleet Shop Manager
FirstFleet, Inc. • Bluffton, IN
Posted 18 days ago
This Position is located in: Bluffton, IN
Responsible for the complete maintenance shop facility.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Complete operations of the shop.
- Supervisory functions and personnel management: hiring, training, evaluating, scheduling, productivity reviews, and assisting shop employees with work related needs.
- Provides corrective actions plans, as needed.
- Coordinate the in-service of new equipment, monitor trade process, and provide reports as needed.
- Provides updated reports on all out of service equipment.
- Checks DVIR daily, schedules necessary repairs, and responds to driver issues.
- Provides maintenance reports as required.
- Issues necessary purchase orders and assists vendors with invoice issues.
- Reviews and closes repair as required.
- Maintain necessary fuel, parts and tire inventory to ensure for cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance of OSHA, federal and state environmental regulations, and company safety requirements.
- Assists with driver orientation.
- Quality control within the shop.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Experience
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a four year degree.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements of both shop and equipment, especially all maintenance sections of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Personnel management skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Qualified DOT Annual Inspector as defined in FWHA 49 CFR Part 396 and Appendix G.
- Qualified DOT Brake Inspector as defined in FWHA 49 CFR Part 396.25.
- Problem solving skills.
- Four years of truck and/or shop management experience.
- Physical fitness.
- Normal eyesight and hearing.
- Valid driver’s license essential.
Direct reports will vary by the size of the location.
- Employee productivity performance
- Control of overtime
- Budget performance
- KPI performance
- 3-5 Years of exceptional leadership, supervisory in a maintenance related area
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written form with all levels of management, associates and outside personnel.
- Basic computer skills using spreadsheets and work processing. TMT maintenance software and VMRS experience a plus.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess mechanical skills, aptitude and interest
- General knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety, DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations