To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1000 Throckmorton Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
City of Fort Worth • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 15 days ago
$62,451.21 - $81,186.57
The Fort Worth Water Department is responsible for providing safe and reliable water and wastewater service with environmental integrity. The Department is comprised of 990 employees and has an adopted FY 2019 budget of $459 million. The Water Department has a total water treatment capacity of 500 million gallons per day and a total wastewater treatment plant capacity of 166 million gallons per day. There are more than 3,503 miles of pipe in the water distribution system and 3,459 miles of pipe in the wastewater collection system. The utility provides service to more than 1.3 million people in Fort Worth and surrounding areas, which includes 30 water wholesale customers, 23 wastewater wholesale customers, three wholesale reclaimed water customers, and over 250,000 retail connections. The Water Department has recently been reorganized into six divisions. The six divisions include Customer Care, Management Services, Plant Operations, Strategic Operations, Field Operations, and Capital Delivery.
The Water Department is currently implementing the MyH2O program, one of its largest multifaceted projects to date. The program will consist of various customer focused systems, including an advanced metering infrastructure system (AMI). The end result is an enhanced customer relationship and portal providing complete 24x7 access to tools and usage data for customers to better manage their water use.
The City of Fort Worth is seeking an innovative AMI Administrator to help implement the MyH2O program that will change the way we provide service to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with the MyH2O Program Manager and manage all assigned tasks, projects and progress reporting.
• Be heavily involved in the water meter and endpoint installation plan and phases, sharing and providing subject matter expertise to ensure successful installation.
• Monitor and manage AMI system alerts, analyze alerts and create reports, and take action when required, including working field investigations and/or troubleshooting.
• Manage and maintain FieldLogic handheld meter reading / programming equipment for field reprogramming and outlying meter reads.
• Verify meter read routes are completed by close of each billing cycle window.
• Oversee and maintain system wide read accuracy, evaluate and ensure performance measures are met and in compliance.
• Oversee non-reporting and/or RF connectivity issue reporting and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot meter no reads and reading discrepancies.
• Assist with resolving any issues identified between AMI and various other integrated systems, including CIS and MDMS.
• Manage the water meter and endpoint inventory, measure component attributes, and endpoints in CIS and Maximo.
• Add and/or update water meter profiles and attributes when necessary.
• Manage read data from AMI system, analyze data and provide direction for field activities including troubleshooting and repairs.
• Work hand in hand with the AMI System staff to manage day to day operations and take action during catastrophic system failures.
• Create, review and analyze daily, monthly, and annual reports for Meter Services’ and other internal departments.
• Work closely with the Field Superintendent and Field Technician team to troubleshoot and repair water meters.
• Develop and deliver standard operating procedures (SOP) for Meter Services’ office and field personnel as well as develop and maintain business processes related to AMI.
• Assist AMI system staff with testing AMI software patches and meter firmware and coordinate upgrades.
• Author and/or assist with project plans, statement of works, work breakdown structures, risk mitigation plans, quality plans, and system acceptance test plans.
• Plan, conduct, and provide technical training.
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 51444
Closing Date: 2/18/19
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, Public Administration, Math, Computer Science, and/or Engineering.
• At least four years of ever-increasing experience in Advanced Metering Infrastructure Systems in a water and/or electric utility, or related field.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
Relocation assistance is available.
Preferred experience includes:
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Experience implementing organizational change and process improvements.
• Experience with collaboration and building strong partnerships with internal teams and departments, and the public citizens, businesses and neighborhood groups.
• Four (4) or more years AMI system experience with a utility, preferably water and more specifically water meters.
• Open to working in an office and field environment.
• Team player, goal oriented and possess strong analytical skills.
• Ability to recognize other member efforts and put in the work for the success of the program and organization.
• Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a customer’s expectations are clearly understood, achievable and subsequently achieved.
• Ability to clearly communicate with all parties and stay positive under pressure and professionally managing contentious situations and being an overall advocate for the MyH2O program.
• Open to constant change, able to keep an open mind, and willing to adjust as needed.
• Strong knowledge of residential, commercial, and industrial water meter specifications, standards, and recommended use.
• Understanding of the read to bill process.
• Strong experience with Meter Data Management System software (MDMS), CIS, Geographic Information System (GIS), and Asset Management and Work Order systems.