Pay Range: $74,608.790 to $96,991.420
Closing Date: 8/12/19
The Planning and Development Department is seeking a Development Manager. This position is responsible for managing and staffing the Transportation Impact Fee program and the Project Facilitation Office of Planning and Development. This position is responsible for managing the Transportation Impact Fee program through facilitating the review of building permits, calculation/assessment of transportation impact fees, consideration of discounts, review of transportation impact analysis (TIA), analysis and preparation application of credit agreements, and programming road project funding.
In the area of Project Facilitation, the position will be tasked with leading a team of “Shepherds” tasked with assisting developers in their project due diligence as well as facilitating large complex development projects through the City of Fort Worth’s various development review processes. Additionally, this role is charged with systematically facilitating identification, analysis, structuring, and implementation of process improvements that create more symmetrical and synergetic workflow systems in the City of Fort Worth development process.
Examples of duties currently assigned to this role include;
• Lead, direct and coordinate work of division involved in the production and delivery of development and project planning services; establish challenging and measurable goals and objectives for each member of the division, motivate and monitor performances.
• Establish schedules and methods for providing development review and associated services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resource accordingly.
• Perform the more complex and technical studies including but not limited to: transportation impact fees, community facility agreements, encroachment reviews, unified sign agreements, civil and building plans
• Speak before civic, community, governmental and professional groups to explain and promote the products and services of the department.
• Participate in developing the annual work program; recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objects; implement approved policies and procedures.
• Evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of the division; work with co-workers on the continuous improvement of the division; responsible for making the division more effective.
• Negotiation, drafting, and routing of contracts for “P3” arterial projects, facilitated project CFAs (with City participation), MOUs, fee waivers, etc.
• Participate in the selection of division personnel; provide or coordinate co-worker training; work with subordinate co-workers to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
• Perform administrative duties pertaining to division personnel issues.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Real Estate Development, Accounting, or a related field
• Five (5) years related experience.
• Experience in land development, including demonstrated knowledge of the various municipal and other regulatory requirements for public infrastructure projects, transportation planning, and development review processes, and a clear understanding of the real estate entitlement and development process.
• The preferred candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, a demonstrated ability to lead project teams, an aptitude for quickly analyzing a program demands and determining potential streamline enhancements.
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 52163
Process Improvements (Business)