Industrial, sensor based instrumentation developer and manufacturer has immediate need for Sr. level Manufacturing Engineer. Reporting into the VP of Operations, the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will oversee manufacturing engineering activities at our global locations.
Work with other manufacturing engineers and technicians to ensure continues improvement and overall operational efficiency, new product introduction into manufacturing (Level 2), process improvements, cycle time reduction, automation and product engineering. Carries out coaching responsibilities to guide Jr. Engineers and Manufacturing leads for problem solving, project planning and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage all shift production management personnel
· Support the VP of Operations in establishing production centers in Europe and possibly Asia
· Create capacity models to understand workload in a high mix / high volume environment.
· Manage and Supervisor/ lead production/operations employees across the Plant in multiple shifts.
· Working together with the Scheduler/Planner they are responsible for materials accuracy, Inventory cycle counts and optimize the material utilization
· Initiating, developing, advancing and improving all methods, processes, procedures, equipment, practices, and programs that relate to the safe, high quality and efficient manufacture of products
· Embrace and drive a Continuous Improvement Process environment and automation within the manufacturing department and production to ensure efficient production methods.
· Leading team-based process improvement activities: 5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing practices and cost reduction.
· Directs and coordinates manufacturing activities supporting quality, on-time delivery, safety, inventory control, productivity, cost and regulatory compliance.
· Reviews and manages production data metrics (i.e. production yields, budget, quality indicators, on time delivery, and part outages and reasons why) and performance.
· Work in conjunction with Sales and Engineering teams, and lead the effort of new product development in addressing design for manufacture, ergonomics, equipment, processes and procedures. Initiate manufacturing work instructions, develops routers and process specifications.
· Support New Product introduction including pilot production runs.
· Identifying the need, justifying, designing and/or purchasing tools, fixtures or equipment for in-process use to improve productivity and product quality.
· Mentor and develop appropriate talent.
· Maintain and improve machinery (TPM), facility and processes working with maintenance, engineering and quality.
· Manage inventory to achieve facility and corporate goals - (i.e.- inventory turns, days on hand, warehouse space, scrap due to expiration dates, etc.) working with the supply chain
· Monitor all environmental measurements to achieve accepted standards working with quality and engineering departments.
· Follow all company and customer or facility procedures and guidelines (i.e.-QA SOP's, supply chain rules, security procedures, etc.) to achieve operational goals
· Ensure efficient space utilization within the facilities in area of responsibility.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in engineering from four-year college or university; and seven years related experience. Industrial Engineering or Operations degree a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Leadership skills and prior supervisory experience.
• High level of energy, initiative and results orientation
• Experience managing and driving production teams and metrics.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing /6 sigma tools.
New Product Development
Process Improvements (Business)
Cycle Time Variation