To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
600 13th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director (Legal Recruiter) Legal Staffing
Major, Lindsey & Africa • Washington, DC
Posted 25 days ago
We have an immediate opening in our Washington D.C. office for a Director, Candidate Development. In this role. you will source and qualify candidates in the greater D.C. market to meet current and future client staffing needs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with MLA Interim Legal Talent group leadership, Managing Directors (MD) and internal stakeholders to cultivate a strong understanding of the legal market with a particular emphasis on practice areas; business concerns affecting the management and efficiencies of law firms and corporate legal departments; the intersection between the legal and recruiting/search industries; and the strategic utilization of interim resources within these organizations.
- Needs to be candidate focused and driven.
- Works with Managing Directors to build a candidate sourcing strategy to meet client staffing requirements.
- Develops recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various sourcing and recruiting tools.
- Makes cold and warm calls to prospective candidates to build a pipeline of candidates to meet current and future clients’ needs.
- Evaluates candidates’ strengths compared with clients’ requirements by screening and interviewing the candidate.
- Provides accurate and thorough documentation of candidate interactions in applicant tracking systems.
- Drafts candidate summaries and/or presentations highlighting strengths and relevant work experience for client consideration.
- Negotiates wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates and gains commitment from candidates for current and/or future job requirements.
- Completes necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests in compliance with EEOC and other government standards.
- Develops and manages contract employee relationships, post-placement, including assessing and investigating contractor-related problems and administering performance counseling, coaching and disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Manages a demanding schedule including responding to urgent client candidate needs in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Building Relationships
· Understanding the Industry and Candidate Needs
· Search Execution
· Work Habits and Approach
· MLA Success Factors
Personal Style and Characteristics
· Smart, professional, confident, persuasive and has grit (perseverance).
· Entrepreneurial, assertive and driven, but with has a strong team orientation.
· High level of integrity and candor.
· Strong intellectual skills including superior written communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to establish rapport, relationships and credibility with candidates.
· Passion for learning.
Education and Experience
· B.A./B.S. required. J.D. is strongly preferred.
· 1–2 years of experience within the legal or recruiting field.
· Recruiting experience focused in contract attorney placement is preferred.
· Experience working in a sales or consultative sales driven organization.
· Leadership experience in sales or recruiting environment is ideal.