To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1301 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Seasonal E-Learning Developer
H&R Block • Kansas City, MO
Posted 5 days ago
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Seasonal E-Learning Developer. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
As a seasonal E-Learning Developer, you’ll design and develop e-learning and other training technology solutions to support Tax Professionals and other associates in learning and applying job-related knowledge and skills. Content is developed using various instructional methodologies and treatments including, computer-based training, simulations, websites, videos, and performance support tools.
- Plan and design the content and organization of training programs for H&R Block Tax Professionals
- Design, develop, deploy, support, and maintain e-learning course programs and web-based applications
- Develop content for a variety of delivery platforms applying adult learning concepts
- Partner with internal and external teams, subject matter experts, instructional designers, and departmental training resources to develop blended learning programs
- Serve as a resource and expert for graphic design, multimedia development, and web programming
- Develop ideas and concepts to translate topics into engaging and accessible online content through UI interfaces, graphics, illustrations, animations and/or simulations for e-learning courseware and classroom presentations
- Develop evaluation and reporting tools for Knowledge Development courses based on course learning objectives
- Responsible for providing input to the systems architecture
- Collaborate in the development and production of video and multimedia programs to meet training and communication objectives
- Partner with vendors in the delivery of content, integration of systems, and provide support for associates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in instructional design, adult education, and e-learning
- Minimum of one year of experience developing multimedia e-learning projects
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and recommend technical and complicated tax issues and recommend alternatives and viable solutions
- Demonstrated experience with designing engaging and interactive training using multiple delivery methods; classroom, virtual, and web-based training
- Knowledge and application of adult education principles, policies, and practices
- Skill in designing assessments and simulations
- Ability to write design documents and design storyboards
- Knowledge of the current and emerging trends in e-learning
- Ability to evaluate and apply new and evolving Internet technologies
- Develop and test prototypes for e-learning development tools
- Develop and create layouts and templates for new e-learning programs
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated writing skills in informational, educational, and training materials
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities, organize and plan work
- Must have experience with either Storyline or Lectora
- It would be even better if you had five years of experience in instructional design, adult education, and e-learning design and development.