The Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund is on a mission to improve our existing systems and processes to better serve our members. We are in search of Data Audit Specialists to perform a variety of employer data review and audit functions in collaboration with external auditors.
CTPF offers a strong benefits package including immediate healthcare coverage, generous PTO, and participation in a pension and 403(b) (7) plans. With just one location in the Loop no travel is required and Work Life Balance is appreciated and respected!
Data Audit Specialist will have the opportunity to work in challenging and dynamic environment, with projects that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze and review of Employer Audit data results for accuracy and consistency
- Validate member licensure status for audit scope period
- Review census data
- Assist auditors by providing response to potential discrepancies
- Look for and identify patterns to bring forth recommendations for audit and remediation of data
- Perform concurrent auditing to ensure participant eligibility including covered positions, licensing and participation
- Develop and maintain collaborative Employer relationships to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Collaborate with Employers (CPS, and non-CPS) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reported data elements.
- Work with cross-departmental team members to identify and resolve issues
- Provide support to Employers in a timely manner to ensure timeliness of responses
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and testing of business requirements to the newly created system
- Preemptively determine risk factors and develop and implement a plan of action to mitigate the occurrence
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy with timely follow through
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multitask without compromising on quality standards
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS highly preferred, with a combination of education and related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- This job operates in a professional office environment, consisting of regular conversation, business machines (copies, printers, etc.) and telephones
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this document restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time