Automation Engineer, Contract, Schaumburg, IL
Must have skills: BigFix/Ansible and scripting
The Automation Engineer develops solutions to optimize processes with advanced technologies such as automation, software orchestration, software development, and coding self-optimizing, self-configuring, and self-testing functions. This role will maintain an awareness of infrastructure domain knowledge (Security, DevSecOps, Platform, Virtualization, and Storage) and expertise in Linux scripting and coding. The role will leverage knowledge in automation toolsets and techniques to implement appropriate automation processes to improve efficiencies over time.
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Ansible and IBM BigFix is required
• Build code based on design and requirements, test, implement and support software driven solutions. Survey, analyze, and maintain documentation of major activities that focus on areas which are high cost and/or labor-intensive, focusing on prioritizing those with the greatest impact to the business.
• Utilize Agile and DevSecOps development techniques to drive Security, DevSecOps, Platform, Virtualization, and Storage system development to enable automation.
• 3+ years relevant work experience
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred
• Programming languages including Python / Perl / 'R' / Java / shell scripting / SQL / HiveQL
• Software Development Platforms including Docker / Kubernetes / Hadoop / Openstack
• Systems and Databases including Linux / Unix / Postgres / Oracle / MS SQL / Virtualization Technologies (KVM, VMware, vRA, vRO, etc,) Redhat preferred
• DevSecOps and Agile practices and CI tools such as Jira, GetHub, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS preferred
• Enterprise architecture and/or infrastructure architecture (Security, DevSecOps, Platform, Virtualization, and Storage) best practices, frameworks, etc.
TransTech IT Staffing is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran; operating under an affirmative action plan.
Create Test Plan
Create Automation Framework
Develop Automation Script
Test Automation Strategy
Execute Automated Tests