At Client, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business/tech-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Client group as a Data Engineer in Data Platform and Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving improvements across portfolio of offerings by using data. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will develop, drive, and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of the business and the overall bottom line. As a Data Engineer, you will be architecture, building and supporting the analytic technologies that give internal customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data as a means to optimize marketing, scheduling and show development. You will interact with team members and internal customers to gather requirements and build robust and secure data flows. You will also own the design, creation, and management of extremely large datasets. You will be designing, implementing, and operating stable and scalable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must as the candidate will work closely with teams of diverse skills, mindsets and backgrounds. You will Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using best Standard Practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Python and Snowflake.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist).
- 3+ years Programming experience manipulating and analyzing data (Python or Scala)
- Experience building robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using Airflow, SQL, Python and Spark.
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake etc.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing data-sets from multiple sources.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.) such as S3, EC2, and EMR (Spark) etc.
- MS, MBA, or PhD a plus from a top institution (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field)
- Experience working in AWS environment – preferably AWS Certification completed.
- Software engineering mindset and strive to write elegant, maintainable code and you're comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks
- Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Software development and design.