To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Member Services Manager
Transportation Intermediaries Association • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
The Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) is the professional organization of the $186 billion third-party logistics industry. TIA is the only organization exclusively representing transportation intermediaries of all disciplines doing business in domestic and international commerce. TIA is the voice of transportation intermediaries to shippers, carriers, government officials and international organizations. TIA is the United States member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarder Associations (FIATA).
Member Services Manager
Are you looking to be proud of what you do, as well as challenge your skills while working with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success? If so, then we have the opportunity for you!
TIA, an Alexandria-based trade association, is seeking a qualified, energetic candidate to manage the day-to-day operations of the association’s insurance program, as well as help us grow our non-dues revenue programs. A successful applicant, you must have excellent customer service skills, embrace accountability, trust, and openness to continually promote and foster a high-performing environment, and the ability to manage the interface between IMIS and other software and be proficient in Word and Excel.
Reporting to the Vice President of Membership, your day-to-day duties include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assisting association members with finance or insurance options through established relationships with industry lenders and providers.
- Provide general customer service including explaining product offerings, recommending products to meet the needs of members, and ensuring applications and paperwork are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure a high volume of customer inquiries are handled properly with proper prioritization and follow up.
- Develop, sell and communicate the value new non-dues membership programs.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all activities, products, and services being offered, and be able to articulate the value proposition.
- Non-dues revenue experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area of specialty and at least 5 years of experience in the industry or a related field.
- Experience with association insurance programs is a plus.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and responsibilities.
- Highly collaborative, team-focused professional with the ability to communicate effectively with peers and leaders at all levels and provide exceptional customer service
- Strong work ethic and close attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform a variety of complex tasks and a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Experience and ability to plan and accomplish goals.
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task to facilitate frequent customer inquiries and evolving demands in this busy industry.
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors, some light sales and networking, good in dealing with the public.
Based in Alexandria, VA, located near the King Street metro, TIA values their team’s time and efforts. They offer a competitive salary, depending on experience, along with a benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.