ABOUT THIS POSITION
Buyers are responsible for arranging the purchase of assigned commodities and services. Work includes reviewing requests, talking to vendors and department officials, examining price, suitability, and availability of items or services, comparing specifications, and reviewing alternatives to requests to fulfill energy, affirmative action, value analysis, or other objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
● Knowledge of City of Phoenix Administrative Regulation 3.10.
● Principles and practices of large scale centralized and decentralized purchasing.
● Ability to obtain a professional certification from the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP).
This position may be located in a warehouse setting, off-site from the main procurement work group. Work hours are anticipated to be from 7:00 – 4:00 depending on the work location and may be modified subject to supervisor approval.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of August 19, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$ 21.80 - $33.09 hourly / $45,344 - $68,827 annually. Candidates may be hired bove the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit:
URL blocked - click to apply
● One year of experience as a buyer involving the procurement of a variety of supplies, materials, equipment, and services.
● Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, administrative engineering, science, or a related field.
● The City job description can be found URL blocked - click to apply
● An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The job requirements listed above, plus:
● Two years’ experience conducting Requests for Quotes in a government environment for small dollar or informal purchases.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
● All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
● For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please URL blocked - click to apply
● URL blocked - click to apply
● If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at URL blocked - click to apply.
Buyer, Job Code #04310, ID#32905, 8/5/19, 6m, VG, Unit 7, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
AA/EEO/D/V Employer – 251 West Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85003
This publication can be provided in an alternative format upon request.
Call: Phone number blocked - click to apply TTY: (602) 261-8687
Page 1 of 1