To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1301 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Seasonal Bank Secrecy Act /Anti Money Laundering Specialist
H&R Block • Kansas City, MO
Posted 14 days ago
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for seasonal Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
The seasonal Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Specialist will be responsible for assisting in minimizing exposure to non-compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). In this role, you’ll perform a variety of BSA/AML duties and assumes responsibility for the successful and professional investigation of suspicious activity using standard suspicious activity monitoring procedures under previously established guidelines.
What you’ll do…
- Conduct suspicious activity monitoring on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis as applicable, using software and ad-hoc reporting.
- Verify the completion of related documents relative to the BSA such as Questionable Activity Reports, etc.
- Conduct research and process requests specific to 314(a) and 314(b)
- Obtain, research, and process confidential information
- Maintain CDD and EDD data in software; update information as necessary and adjust monitoring accordingly as it pertains to changes in the data and development of the High-Risk List
- Respond timely to inquiries and conducts all necessary research to resolve BSA-related issues and concerns
- Review reports in the automated transaction surveillance system to look for indicators of suspicious activity, terrorist financing, and money laundering
- Provide assistance, support, and respond to questions and information needed by personnel regarding the BSA, OFAC, and suspicious activity
- Conduct and assist with the disposition of OFAC and other sanctions lists screening results
- Report to the BSA Officer/Compliance Manager and provides support in regard to maintaining compliance with the BSA, timely reporting and compliance with information retention requirements
- Keep management informed of trends and any significant issues
What you’ll bring to the role…
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or commensurate experience
- 1-2 years of experience with BSA/AML monitoring and investigations
- Ability to work independently and maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to assimilate into a useful format
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to navigate on the Internet
- Proficiency in BSA/AML suspicious activity monitoring software
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or another BSA/AML-related certification preferred