To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mt Holly, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (LDT-C)
Legacy Treatment Services • Mt Holly, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Legacy Treatment Services is a merger of The Children's Home and The Drenk Center. The organization provides a comprehensive array of services for individuals of all ages. Our mission is to change the behavioral health and social service outcomes for people of all ages from surviving to thriving.
At Legacy, we recognize that education is an important component to every child’s overall well-being. Our state-approved Mary A. Dobbins special education school offers a strong academic program with a highly therapeutic environment for boys and girls, ages 8-21. Students come from our residential treatment programs or are day students referred from local school districts. The school’s Learning Center Model curriculum guarantees small class sizes and individualized instruction for all students. Individual Education Plans (IEPs) are established for each student and a strong emphasis is placed on their social, emotional and educational development.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant who will serve as a specialist in diagnosing and interpreting specific learning disabilities of individual students as well as consult with instructional staff to help develop an overall teaching/learning environment that best services the needs of our students.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively participates in ongoing quality improvement activities of Legacy Treatment Services including, but not limited to, serving as a member of a quality improvement team, consumer input, incident/accident and client grievance review, peer record review and program evaluation/quality improvement projects.
- Function as a case manager and liaison between the Mary A. Dobbins school and school districts of students.
- Coordinate child study team meetings and formatting IEP documents.
- May provide extra support to classroom teachers as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Education with at least two years of experience required
- Standard New Jersey Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant Certificate
- Ability to effectively communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents
- An unwavering commitment to ensuring all students leave school with the skills necessary to succeed in life and further education and/or training
Legacy Treatment Services is an organization shaped by innovative programming and evidence-based practices, delivered by a team of credentialed and experienced leaders with a passion for transforming lives.