The Sr. System Engineer provides troubleshooting, onsite and remote support for Information Technology such as servers, desktops, printers, phones and network equipment for small and medium business clients. May be part of a project team in implementing a technical solution.
- Responsible for responding to customer support requests through the ticketing system by taking
- Ownership of the ticket, working the problem, and documenting the resolution and time required
- Configure, deploy and manage server hardware and software configurations to include but not limited to, Microsoft Server & Small Business Server, Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL, Active Directory, Citrix, RAID, virtual environments (XenServer, VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Configure, deploy and manage network infrastructure appliances to include but not limited to, switches, routers, UTMs, wireless access points and firewalls.
- Configure, deploy, and manage workstation and laptop hardware and software configurations to include but not limited to, Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Deploy backup solutions to ensure the integrity and recoverability of clients’ data both on and offsite.
- Provide support for mobile workforce access back to a production environment to include but no limited to, smart phones, iPad, SSL-VPN, laptops.
- Configure, deploy and manage storage configurations such as iSCSI, Fiber Channel and NAS.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise systems and processes to include: desktop support, peripheral support, software support/interoperability, Windows and Linux based systems and applications, network protocols, network and systems security, networking and connectivity, telecommunications, storage and backup, & email services
- 5-7 years of Windows and Linux administration
- 5-7 years of network administration
- 5-7 years of VMWARE or XenServer virtualization administration
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- 1 year of storage administration
- High School diploma
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of Information Technology support for SMB clients for an IT Managed services provider
- MCITP, MCSE, RHCT, CCNA or VCP certifications
- Bachelor degree
HTI Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. This job description provides you with details pertaining to the position but is not a complete statement of duties and responsibilities. Other duties can be assigned or required.
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
High Touch Technologies is a software, technology, and communications company that provides services and support to all industries. We bring the human touch to technology by expanding your existing technology and communications capabilities while engineering dependable business solutions. High Touch is committed to fostering growth-minded, secure business development.
View the full profile
We got our start in technology services by pioneering the first comprehensive point-of-sale (POS) system for the rent-to-own industry in the 1970’s. By working side-by-side with our customers and promoting development, we have diversified through acquisitions and organic industry growth for over 30 years.
Today, High Touch Technologies has extended its hand to offices in Texas, Colorado, and Kansas, which support clients all over the world. We focus on providing IT solutions, business communications, software solutions, website services and security solutions.
At High Touch, we seek to understand our clients’ complex software, technology, and communication challenges. By applying growth-minded expertise, our personable and knowledgeable team delivers solutions to support our clients’ unique goals.