To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
- Algyne Garcia
- Phone: (732) 547-6061
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SDWAN Network Engineer
ICONMA • Richmond, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 12 months
Looking for an experienced network engineer with expertise in wide area networks, dynamic routing, and data center networking technologies to join our team! This is an opportunity to design, deploy, and implement networking technologies that drive the enhancement and evolution of our network infrastructure.
As an SDWAN Network Engineer, you will be working with the engineering leads to implement SDWAN technologies into the existing production environment. This role will focus on gathering requirements and site-specific information, building network solutions that align with architectural design, and implementing these solutions in to production while minimizing end user interruptions.
- Design and implement LAN/WAN topologies and connectivity.
- Consult with various technology support groups as part of network design and development efforts.
- Contribute to network solutions development, optimizations, standards, and technology refresh efforts.
- Provide input to network enterprise design standards and maintain network topology diagrams and technical design documents.
- Support hardware and software prestaging efforts including installing expansion modules, performing software code upgrades, and validating infrastructure functionality.
- Participate in technology integration efforts with other engineering and support teams.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
- Engage with all internal and external parties as necessary to drive and complete work.
Successful candidates will possess:
- High proficiency with designing, implementing, and troubleshooting a wide range of networking platforms and technologies including Cisco, Juniper, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPN,
- Strong technical understanding and experience implementing QoS markings and traffic shaping
- A strong understanding of SDN and SD-WAN technologies and solutions
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot OSPF and BGP network designs.
- A detailed and methodical approach to implementation and problem-solving scenarios.
- Advanced proficiency with design, implementation, and troubleshooting of enterprise BGP deployments.
- A foundational understanding of MPLS architecture, deployment strategies, and traffic manipulation.
- Technical leadership experience and advanced proficiency with protocols, design, configuration and support of datacenter, campus and remote network infrastructure.
- Technical leadership experience and advanced proficiency with leveraging network management tools and performing packet analysis during incident/problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to represent the team well and effectively communicate technical information to a variety of individuals and groups.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a flexible work environment and across multiple projects and distributed teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical disciplines or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering or operations in a large enterprise network
- CCNA or equivalent certification
- 1+ year of experience with large SD-WAN deployments
- 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure design and deployment projects
- CCNP/CCIE certification
Strong working knowledge of Linux operating system
Replace Cisco WAN routers