To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Daytona Beach, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant General Manager
First Watch Inc. • Daytona Beach, FL
Posted 1 day ago
Restaurant General Manager
To act as the General Manager who is responsible for supporting the mission, vision and values of First Watch Restaurants through all that he/she does in their role every day. The General Manager will work towards accomplishing stated goals and objectives to achieve desired results while focusing on the long-term profitability of the company and developing restaurant management and staff.
- Evaluate managerial staff, along with the Regional Manager, with formal evaluations, and regularly evaluate managerial staff informally
- Evaluate hourly staff, along with the Operations Manager, with formal evaluations, and regularly evaluate hourly staff informally
- Lead and run a shift effectively and develop and train Operations Managers to do the same
- Conduct and determine regular managerial staff meetings and team member meetings
- Set goals and assignments for managerial and hourly team members, including recognizing good performance and coaching poor performers
- Delegate management responsibilities to managerial staff and assign tasks to team members, and ensure all required responsibilities and tasks are performed and completed effectively
- Execute effectively and train other managers to do the same – use of the Daily Shift Card and Red Book
- Train management/staff in all proper EOD procedures, including banking
- Utilize “time chit" method of daily employee performance review
- Ensure maintenance of a safe and harassment free workplace
- Entrusted to take quick and responsible action in solving problems and to use reason when dealing with employee disciplinary issues and handling customer complaints
- Initiate and follow-up of phone call and email communications in a timely manner and as appropriate
- Forecast and determine scheduling needs for the individual restaurant
- Prepare and post weekly work schedules, and ensure the schedule is implemented properly
- Address issues resulting from critical violations on Health or Steritech Inspections in a timely and professional manner
- Safeguard all company assets, including funds, equipment, and the facility and take appropriate action as and when necessary
- Accurately complete payroll, weekly, mid period and EOP administration work properly
- Effectively promote First Watch outside the restaurant
- Obtain and maintain safe food handler certifications
- Through communication with the Operations Manager, Regional Manager and Home Office, handle customer and staff incidents, accidents, injuries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Regularly interview applicants for employment, make hiring decisions for the restaurant, and regularly coach and include other managers in the process
- Regularly channel communication up through the Director of Operations and Regional Vice President
- Ensure and maintain appropriate managerial and hourly staffing levels at the restaurant
- Effectively plan and lead weekly manager meetings and monthly server meetings
- Perform ongoing inspections in all areas of the restaurant and take any and all appropriate action
- Ensure compliance with federal, local, and state laws, company policies and procedures
The General Manager will typically have 1-2 direct reports and be responsible for a staff of up to 40 employees. The General Manager will be responsible for revenue operations in excess of one million dollars.
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelors of Arts – concentration in food & beverage, business, marketing or management is preferred
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a service-oriented, hospitality industry such as hotel, resort, restaurant, retail, entertainment venue preferred
- Must have completed Culinary and Food Expert (CAFÉ) training program
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Regularly work 50-55 hours per week
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and drive for company business as required
- Ability to manage, lead, coach, teach and train others, including with respect to management responsibilities, culinary duties, and host and service duties
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management principals with focus on budgeting and forecasting revenue goals and objectives
- Human Resources management skills in employee relations, recruiting and retention and employee recognition
- Ability to supervise and oversee employees in roles from entry level to mid-level management
- Ability to work with no supervision and prioritize all operations of the restaurant
- Ability to make difficult and quick decisions
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MS operating systems
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to effectively manage teams as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Passion for providing excellent service and quality
Additional Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to continuously see. Must be able to frequently stand, walk, view computer monitors, give & receive oral communication, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, and discern color. Must be able to occasionally sit, drive, type, and make fine discriminations in sound
- Must be able to regularly lift/carry up to 20 lbs.; occasionally lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis
- Must be able to tolerate temporary exposure to extreme temperatures and temperature changes