To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Paratransit Bus Driver
Transdev North America • Baltimore, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Paratransit Drivers Needed in Baltimore, Maryland! $2000 Sign-On Bonus - Salary - $13.25/hr and up to $18.45/hr!
Transdev is hiring Paratransit Drivers in Baltimore, MD to provide passengers with disabilities with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation, but we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, and providing high-quality patient or other care. Transdev proudly serves our communities with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) transportation. Come join the largest private sector operator of public transportation in North America – one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Why Drive With Us?
- $2000 Sign-on Bonus
- Starting salary $13.25/hr and up to $18.45/hr
- Paid Training
- We offer an employee benefit package which includes paid holidays, 401k, paid time off, etc.
- Drive a transit bus and transport passengers mainly around Baltimore City and Baltimore County in a safe and courteous manner with occasional trips into the surrounding Counties
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment, and maintain a safe environment
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have a current, valid Driver's License issued by the State of Maryland (provisional Driver's Licenses are not accepted)
- Must possess at least 1 year of professional driving experience
- Must possess excellent customer and communication skills
- Must have a clean driving record and must be able to bring your complete, certified MVA record to the interview
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and DOT physical and submit to an extensive criminal background check
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, nights, weekends, split shifts, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Must be able to complete driver training
- Must be willing to work in a unionized environment
- Must be willing to obtain a Public Service Commission Passenger For Hire License
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance
- Move up and down stairs easily
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Travel requirement (as a percent): 100% of time is spent in the field
Interviews are being scheduled now – Apply Today!
For more information, please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
If you have any questions, please contact us at 443-873-5757 or at firstname.lastname@example.org/careers
We are located at 1601 Wicomico St. in Baltimore, MD 21230
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen, DOT physical and background check.