To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Wichita, KS 67202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CPA - (SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT - FINANCE)
The Specialists Group • Wichita, KS
Posted 6 days ago
Position Summary: Provide leadership and coordination of this firm’s financial planning and budget management functions and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee daily operations of the reporting and Accounts Payable functions.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports for the firm.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the company.
- Development of market performance matrix and financial packages.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Work with CFO to develop business models to support strategic plan.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on Leadership and Technology committees.
- Coordinate with CFO the financial audits and examinations.
- Provides recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Assists with management of the firms investments portfolio.
- Prepares presentations to support and communicate operations results.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly financial reports.
- Preforms other duties as may be required or assigned.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities Required: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical - the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Delegation - the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management skills - the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management - the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning / organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management - the individual has a high level of project management responsibilities by coordinating, implement and / or overseeing projects related to the accounting and finance department.
- Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience. Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance, controller or accounting position required. CPA (preferred). Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. High level of technical computer skills and software knowledge. Project management experience is highly valuable. Knowledge of federal and state regulations.