Competencies, Skills and Abilities Required: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical - the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Delegation - the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management skills - the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management - the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning / organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management - the individual has a high level of project management responsibilities by coordinating, implement and / or overseeing projects related to the accounting and finance department.
- Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience. Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance, controller or accounting position required. CPA (preferred). Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. High level of technical computer skills and software knowledge. Project management experience is highly valuable. Knowledge of federal and state regulations.