To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- R. Scott Rinaldi
- Phone: 813-333-9880 x104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Energy Consultant - Multifamily
Posted 13 days ago
We are a residential green building/energy consulting and engineering firm. For more than 30 years, we have worked with clients to bring energy and resource efficiency to the home building industry in the Mid-Atlantic, and support some of the largest utility sponsored energy efficiency programs for new construction in the country.
We are providers for HERS, ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, NGBS, EGC, and PHIUS programs and perform professional engineering services direct to builders, developers, architects, and homeowners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform energy model based on ASHRAE 90.1 guidelines;
- Perform energy modeling used to generate HERS ratings;
- Perform submittals to utility companies, state and federal agencies.
- Perform site verification in accordance with applicable program guidelines (e.g. ENERGY STAR certification)
- Performance testing using blower door, Duct Blaster™ and other equipment;
- Timely submittal of reports, tracking, reporting and administrative communications as required.
- Communicate effectively with project teams for new construction projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will work with single family and multifamily building projects from the design through construction stages. The project manager will liaison directly with the project team’s architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure successful green building certification outcomes.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent organization and task management skills.
- 3-5 year of related experience in the construction, design, engineering or building science fields.
- Candidates with skills in energy modelling (REMrate and/or eQuest), onsite verification, and/or plan reviews are preferred.
- The ideal candidate will already hold a HERS, LEED Green Rater, and/or NGBS Green Verifier credential.
This position will be based around the DC Metro area, candidate will work remotely and travel to job sites regularly. This is an exempt position. Full time position. Pay is commensurate with skills, professional designations, and experience.