To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DC Metropolitan Police Department • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Duty calls in the Nation's Capital.
Join the Metropolitan Police Department.
Police Officers will perform the vital public services of preserving the peace, protecting life and property, preventing crime, apprehending criminals, and enforcing the laws and ordinances of the District of Columbia and the United States. No previous law enforcement experience is required to be considered for employment for entry level positions. However, applicants must meet the minimum requirements.
Minimum Requirements at time of application:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver's License.
Requirement(s) for Entry-Level Police Officer :
- Successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit (Credits from any accredited college or university will be accepted) OR served in the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Organized Reserves and National Guard, for two (2) years on active duty and, if separated from the military, have received an honorable discharge.
- If you qualify for Entry-Level Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here .
Requirement(s) for Experienced Police Officer:
- Have served three (3) years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality or a state within the United States, and have resigned or retired in good standing.
- No college credits are required for this program.
- If you qualify for Experienced Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here.
- Entry Police Officer/Experienced Police Officer - $58,163.00 annual (starting first day in the Academy)
- Police Cadet - $33,429.00 annual (ages 17-25) DC Residents / Graduate from DC Public/Charter Schools only
- Intern - Volunteer (no pay)
- Reserve Officer - Volunteer (no pay
Police Officer candidates must successfully pass a written examination, a physical ability test, and a thorough background investigation that includes a medical examination, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination.
- 25 year Retirement - 62.5% of highest three year's salary, upwards to 80% for additional years of service.
- Family Health and Dental Packages.
- Paid Family Leave.
- Overtime and Duty compensation Pay.
- Retirement Plan.
- Accrued Annual & Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Bilingual Pay.
- Housing Allowance Incentive Program
o $1,000 per month for six months, for properties in DC
- Employer-Assisted Housing Program
o Offers a deferred, 0% interest loan and a matching funds grant for down payment and closing costs for eligible District government employees
To participate in the entrance exam, follow the instructions below. From there you will be able to choose a testing center near your home and testing date that is most convenient for you.
Go to http://nationaltestingnetwork.com
Click on "Find Jobs" on the top menu
Click on "Law Enforcement Jobs"
Scroll down and select the position under "Washington, D.C.", entitled "DC Metropolitan Police Department"
Choose "That is All I Want"
Follow the remaining steps to review the qualification questions and select a testing site, date and time that is convenient for you.
For MPD civilian opportunities, please visit careers.dc.gov