To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arcadia, ME
- Phone: 877-870-8955
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Auto Body Technician / Lead Collision Technician
DeSoto Automall • Arcadia, ME
Posted 6 days ago
DeSoto Automall is looking for a SKILLED, EXPERIENCED Auto Body Heavy Collision Technician to join our team.
The Automobile Body Heavy Collision Technician repairs damaged body parts and frames of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools, power tools, welders, and frame testing, measurement, straightening machines.
Chrysler dealer service centers departments are clean, safe and state-of-the-art. The jobs are challenging and extensive training is provided available to those who are career focused.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fill depressions with body filler.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Refinish repaired surface.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
Five years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
- I-Car Certification
Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
Valid driver's license.
Ability to interpret vendor catalogs.
This is a physically demanding position.
- Will stand six to eight hours per shift.
- Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.