To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
- Paige Gemmill
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator
RealStreet • Alexandria, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator. As a Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator with RealStreet, you will be working for our client, a cost and project management firm that provides independent, practical and actionable advice to their clients.
The Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator position is based in Alexandria, Virginia and will be responsible for assisting their client with cost estimating, bid analysis, change order management, life-cycle costs analysis, contractual interpretation and positioning, value management and all other commercial construction aspects. The Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator will collaborate between our cost managers and project managers such that each benefit from the other’s project experience and complementary skill sets to continually improve services. Additional duties to include:
- Providing conceptual cost estimating using narrative, program areas and line diagrams
- Providing detailed cost estimates with labor, material and equipment breakdowns at all stages of project life-cycle: feasibility, concept through the various design stages to pre-bid
- Applying knowledge of the mechanical trade
- Providing change order management services / analysis
- Performing bid analysis
- Preparing and discussing pricing of deficiencies as part of the Facility Condition Assessment service
- Attending project site visits both in and outside the continental United States on an as-needed basis
Specific qualifications for the Senior Mechanical Cost Estimator role include:
- 10+ years cost management and estimating experience on medium to large-scale construction projects such as hospitality, commercial, educational and governmental with specific reference to the mechanical trade
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in construction-related discipline or equivalent field experience
- Solid understanding of the construction industry including quantity surveying, construction management, engineering and architecture
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and problem-solve
- Capacity to work in a team setting with minimal supervision or direction
- Experience in writing business documents such as reports, detailed letters and emails
- Ability to communicate effectively in face to face client meetings
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Experience with estimating software including but not limited to Bluebeam, Micro Computer-Aided Cost Engineering System (MCASES) 2nd Generation (M2), Parametric Cost Engineering System (PACES) and CostWorks is preferred but not essential
***Must be a U.S. Citizen***
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
Submit your qualifications today for immediate consideration.