Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Legal Project Management Coordinator in our Chicago, Kansas City, Milwaukee or St. Louis office.
The Legal Project Management (LPM) Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of LPM and Strategic Pricing in the implementation of the Husch Blackwell LPM Program Standards. Essential job functions include:
- Assist Director of Operations, Director of LPM, Associate Director of LPM and other team members with attorney and client training on use of ExtraAdvantage sites.
- Assist Director of Operation and Director of LPM, Associate Director of LPM and other team members with SBU, PSC, CST related LPM initiatives. Act as an LPM liaison with other firm groups as needed.
- Assist with identifying bottlenecks, redundancies and inefficiencies with our legal service delivery and solutions along with implementation.
- Create summary documents of Outside Counsel Guidelines and manage posting to SourceLink
- Assist partners and Director of LPM, Associate Director of LPM and other team members by monitoring SBU LPM activity (including but not limited to ensuring budgets are completed, ensure scoping documents are completed, budget vs actual tracking, client status communication updates are being completed).
- Schedule & assist with post project review process when appropriate.
- Monitor budget vs. actual reports, leverage tracking reports and follow-up with DOs or CRM as needed.
- When called upon, responsible for ensuring certain ExtraAdvantage sites are properly updated with current content (including but not limited to matter lists, documents, checklist, status, budgets & forecasts).
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal management, legal operations, and/or the delivery of legal services.
- Experience with and working knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques.
- Ability to create, manage and track budgets with a high level of comprehension of financial analysis.
- Strong independent thinking, execution and mature professional judgment.
- Demonstrable analytic skills, initiative and vision.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Ability to lead and motivate the work of others; when applicable, ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.