To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85013
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Manager, Senior
University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 22 days ago
Business Manager, Senior
The College of Medicine-Phoenix seeks an innovative, results-oriented individual to join our team as the Business Manager, Senior. This team member will be responsible for supporting business needs of the college which include budgeting and data management for the college, contract and business documentation workflow management, inventory control management, campus training, and management of various business operating procedures. Selected candidates should be skilled in budgeting, financial management, reviewing, interpreting and applying policy and procedures, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and working with short and competing deadlines.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage college-level budgets and data integrity to provide routine and specialized reports needed internally and externally about college resources; controls and manages proper accounting and records of operational and special budgets.
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Analyze and plan for the needs of staff, capital equipment/improvements, supplies and services.
- Prepare major operational and special budgets; coordinate or direct preparation of budgets for reporting units.
- Develop and establish procedures for the budget process and daily operations according to policies and procedures established by the university and outside governing agencies.
- Coordinate and advise on personnel forms for payroll, classification, recruiting and new hire actions, interviewing and selecting new staff, and ensuring compliance with applicable policies.
- May supervise employees.
- Advise staff on financial and operational matters, instruct and orient new members of staff, faculty or administration.
- Manage and control expenditures in accordance with budgeted amounts.
- Serve as initial contact and manage the process for all COM-Phoenix non-sponsored projects contract needs, including working with University contracting services and COM Phoenix Department Administrators, Deans, Department Heads and Center Directors to ensure college agreements are in compliance and executed in a timely manner.
- Manage college inventory and bi-annual university capital inventory reporting process.
- Manage time approvals for the college to ensure compliance with university and FLSA policies.
- Manage a variety of business, financial and operational processes and/or projects as needed.
- Interpret, implement, develop and/or recommend changes to policies and procedures based on internal and external needs.
- Represent college, department or work unit at meetings or conferences and at all levels of the university organization.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of management and supervision practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgetary theories, principles and practices; skill in applying accounting and financial management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to departmental budgets and accounting practices.
- Professional communication skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skill in applying time and process management principles.
- Skill in use of automated/computer systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, systems process thinking.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field AND three years of related budgeting and accounting experience; OR, seven years of progressively responsible budgeting and accounting experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- At least 3 years higher education or government accounting and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing zero-based budgets, maintenance and full budget life-cycle.
- At least 3 years progressive and advancing supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with quality process management and improvement.
Rate of Pay: $48,000 - $60,000 Annually, Depending on Experience