Are you an experienced Sales Professional in the Industrial Automation and Controls industry in Oklahoma with a track record for hunting new opportunities while providing solutions for your customers first time every time? Are you that salesperson who understands the value of listening to the customer and never giving up? Are you looking for income opportunity that rewards you for your successes? You should read on!
In this role, you will develop sales growth opportunities with target customers including: industrials, OEMs, systems integrators, panel builders, institutional and government, focusing on new customers, as well as making sure existing customers represent incremental industry sales. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Open opportunities for new business development in the Northwest Houston Industrial and OEM market.
- Visit existing customers on a frequent basis, developing new opportunities for sales.
- Understand customer needs, propose complementary or new offers.
- Leverage internal (external) resources.
- Develop opportunity plans that include strategies and specific actions.
- Develop key customer relationships from procurement, through maintenance & engineering.
- Provide Schneider and Sales Manager with regular account updates highlighting opportunities and escalating issues as necessary.
- Develops relationships with key vendors in assigned electrical markets.
- Promotes and features key vendor products through join sales calls and promotions.
- Provide oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms, delivery, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keeps careful, accurate and daily records of expense accounts to be reimbursed by the company and submitted in a timely manner.
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution. Check out Irby Electrical! https://bit.ly/2FwAPSQ Required Skills:
Required Experience: WHY APPLY?
- 3-5 years sales experience in the electrical wholesale world, calling on industrials, OEMs, systems integrators, panel builders, commercial, institutional and government entities.
- General knowledge of basic industrial automation & controls; i.e. HMIs, VFDs, Motor Control, Pushbuttons, relays, signaling, etc.
- Square D experience/knowledge is a big plus!
Are you looking for the opportunity to:
We proudly offer a competitive compensation and the professional advantages of an environment that supports career development and recognizes individual achievements. Our Benefits Include:
- Work with a strong, stable industry leader that has the flexibility and feel of a strong independent business but is supported and powered with the resources of the world's largest electrical distribution company?
- Use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance.
- Have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more. We look forward to learning about you! EEO M/F/Disability/Veteran
Operate Cash Register