To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, United States, MO 64101
- Adam Munoz
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ryan Specialty Group • Kansas City, United States, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
Ryan Specialty Group is looking for a System Administrator to join our Kansas City, MO team. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
This position reports to the Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) Director of Infrastructure and is responsible for planning, designing, installing and maintaining RSG’s enterprise communications infrastructure including LAN/WAN, site-to-site and individual Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Voice and Video over IP and wireless networking for RSG’s US Subsidiaries. The position is also responsible for supporting RSG’s other enterprise systems including Active Directory, data backup, email, production servers and an extensive virtualization infrastructure. We are seeking a proven engineer with a strong technical foundation and a demonstrated ability to design and support sophisticated network infrastructure and manage complex implementation projects.
- Design and maintain local and wide-area network infrastructure for all RSG locations, manage telecom vendor relationships and actively monitor/trouble-shoot network and telecom issues to provide maximum availability of data and telecom networks.
- Design and maintain network accessibility options including virtual private networks, remote desktop access gateway, and secure wireless networking.
- Provide a stable and responsive server environment that supports all of the needs of the business and our application development and support teams.
- Work with Director of Infrastructure to create redundancy for all key infrastructure systems. Work with the application support teams to provide the infrastructure required to create application redundancy for our key business applications.
- Work with Director of Infrastructure to establish an appropriate monitoring environment for all key systems to allow IT team to detect and resolve issues as fast as reasonably possible.
- Maintain technical documentation for supported systems.
- Provide technical training and knowledge transfer to junior team members.
- BS in Management Information System, Computer Science or a comparable technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with enterprise networks, email systems and telecom systems. Experience with MPLS networks and complex VLAN configurations required.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft server operating systems, Cisco networking equipment and firewalls, F5 appliances, VMWare\HyperV, and Kemp load balancers or equivalent experience is desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to ‘do what it takes’ to deliver as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer