To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Our Client, a research institute located in the Bay Area is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II, to join their EH&S department. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure research labs are following standard compliance and safety regulations. You will help Scientists stay safe in the workplace, as they research new cutting edge technologies. Please continue reading the roles duties and consider applying today!
This individual will be coordinating safety activities within each department and laboratory supervisors to ensure compliance with safety regulations. The EHS Specialist monitors activities involving the use of all hazardous materials to insure all policies and procedures are adhered to. In addition, they will need to be available for consultation in the design of experiments and facilities in regards to environmental health and safety issues and requirements. This employee is also responsible for insuring a safe work environment for administration departments and facilities management. This includes but is not limited to fire and life safety, ergonomics, injury prevention and accident investigations.
The EH&S Program assists the Technical Safety Committee and the Safety Officers with the development of policies and procedures and review of use authorizations regarding the safe use of hazardous materials.
- Provides professional expertise to campus departmental personnel (faculty, staff and students) in relevant health and safety fields; assists PIs in securing required use authorizations, conducts health and safety compliance inspections and safety training; ensures labs and departments receive appropriate advice on federal, state and local health and safety regulations
- Assist in developing programs and complete projects to improve health and safety for campus labs and administrative departments. Assists with fire and life safety, injury prevention, accident investigation, ergonomics, construction safety and emergency response as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
- Apply EHS expertise and knowledge of cGMP clean room environments in overseeing the development and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety programs across company sites.
- Serve in an EHS role responsible for Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Accident Investigation, Toxicology, and Clean Room manufacturing compliance.
- Perform EHS inspections and follow up in areas of laboratory safety, construction, and life safety codes.
- Identify hazards and initiate necessary corrective actions with those responsible to comply with applicable codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to others.
- Act as a senior POC in all matters related to Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree with major course work in Environmental Health And Safety, Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene OR degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following disciplines: Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Accident Investigation, Toxicology, Public Health, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Or Engineering.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in an EHS role in a laboratory and/or manufacturing setting.
- 1-year experience working in a clean room environment
- Skilled in use of industrial hygiene and safety equipment.
- Having previous learning experiences with various application software will be useful.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards relating to general industry and construction.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective federal, state, and local environmental health and safety operations for the protection of people, property and the environment.
- Gains the trust and respect of employees by offering consistent and credible guidance on EHS related matters.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] 877-787-2821.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178