To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Mission Assurance Engineer Top Secret Clearance
DDL Omni Engineering • Washington, DC
Posted 2 months ago
A mission-driven professional with Active Top Secret (with SCI-eligibility) clearance to become our next Sr. Mission Assurance Engineer in Washington, DC.
As a Senior Mission Assurance Engineer you will:
- Provide critical support to the United States Government Program Office Mission Assurance Lead
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Continue growing and perfecting your skills in Mission Assurance field.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Sr. Mission Assurance Engineer:
- Provide relevant MA analysis and expertise across sub-disciplines such as: Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM); System Safety; Quality; Programmatic Environment, Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) Evaluation (PESHE); Human Engineering; Electromagnetic Effects; and Corrosion Control.
- Analyze aerospace product or equipment specifications and performance requirements and review proposed designs. Evaluate proposed designs for ease of production by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Develop design requirements and criteria for aviation or radar system operations and performance, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates. Review and analyze proposed experimental, environmental, operational and stress tests on models and prototypes of aircraft and radar systems and equipment.
- Evaluate product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Formulate mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to customer engineering requirements.
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field engineers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine problem.
- Review and evaluate thoroughness and integrity of Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Root Cause analysis reports.
- Adheres to DoD, DoN,and NAVAIR Acquisition processes and standards.
- Perform risk assessments and generate risk mitigation plans and strategies using DoD Risk Management methodology and procedures to identify, evaluate, and mitigate Mission Assurance risks to airborne platforms and technologically advanced systems.
- Understand and work well within Integrated Product Team (IPT) organizational structures to deliver timely results.
- Familiarity with aviation Safety of Flight and Flight Clearance requirements.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
#cjpost #CB AMS1
- Bachelors in Engineering related field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics) with 10 - 12 years of experience or a Master's in Engineering related field with 8 - 10 years of experience.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Previous DoD Acquisition Category (ACAT) Program Office experience is a plus.
- Skilled in MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Support for GS-15/O-6 and above level.
- Top Secret clearance, eligible for SCI.
- Travel 10-20%