To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE 68101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dispute Processing Specialist
First Data Corporation • Omaha, NE
Posted 2 months ago
Position Description OverviewThe primary purpose of the Senior Processing Specialist position is to assist cardholders with Dispute/Fraud Resolution on behalf of issuers while complying with Reg E and /or Reg Z guidelines. Primary functions include the evaluating, researching, decision making, monitoring, and communicating with key contacts up to and including investigations. Additionally:
- This position involves a moderate to high level of complexity. Errors in this position may result in direct monetary impact and financial loss to FDC and the external clients.
- This is an ongoing learning position due to changes with the Association's (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) regulatory guidelines and client requirements.
- This position requires considerable evaluation, good judgment, and decision-making skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- This position involves time sensitive processing of work cases.
- The employee must have the ability to maintain effective time planning, organizational skills and time utilization to ensure all processes are completed within timeframes.
- The Senior Processing Specialist typically works cases that are at the Transaction and/or Account Level.
- The life cycle of a case is typically 90-120 days in length.
- Responsible for the time sensitive processing of work cases based on both banking and the various credit card associations' regulatory guidelines and client requirements.
- Research and evaluate the work case and process the dispute, fraud, chargebacks and/or complaints.
- May monitor systems to detect possible fraudulent behavior related to credit card useage and contact card holders to investigate possible fraud.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years industry & association experience related to fraud , chargebacks and/or disputes.
- Knowledge of banking & association rules and regulations. Ability to read, write, type, complete basic arithmetic, and multi task.
- Customer service, analytical and research skills required
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Internal Controls
- General Computer Competencies
Data First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.