To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Heating and Cooling Plant Supervisor: Ft. Carson BOS
PAE • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 4 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldHeating and Cooling Plant Supervisor: Ft. Carson BOS
The Heating and Cooling Plant Supervisor is responsible supervising both operations and maintenance personnel on a rotating shift basis. Oversee and direct operations in safely providing required services to the customer. This includes the operation of boilers, commercial chillers, compressed air systems, potable water systems, cooling towers and various other building services.
Oversee, schedule and direct maintenance personnel in the safe troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of the equipment needed to deliver required services to the customer Using industry best practices, prioritizing maintenance needs to best utilize available manpower. Communicate with management and work control the status of all work orders reported during the shift.
Fill vacancies and assign overtime as required and according to contract to maintain the required workforce onsite at all times. Act as off hours contact for all plant emergency issues. Communicate to management as needed or instructed on all daily and after hours plant activities. Train, mentor, and coach employees to ensure the workforce is continuously improving in the areas of job knowledge, skills and the ability to safely preform assigned tasks.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Supervises department to ensure that the stationary boilers, air compressors, and chillers are operating safely, and are providing utilities for the buildings supplied
- Interacts with the maintenance department, plant management and regulatory inspectors
- Ensures department maintains machinery to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Ensures department maintains remote standalone boilers to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Ensures that equipment is maintained to meet desired processing rates
- Supervises to ensure that all facility systems are operating safely and within code
- Supervise staff, promoting a safe work environment through adherence to standard company safety rules
- Analyze operations and problems to take appropriate action to ensure safe, continuous and reliable functioning of equipment and systems
- Observe, interpret and log readings on gauges, meters and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are functioning properly
- Develop proper operation, safety and maintenance procedure
- Maintain stationary boilers, air compressors, chillers and other mechanical /HVAC equipment to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired boiler water chemistry
Experience: Must have a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience and eight (8) years of trade experience as a Stationary Engineer. Will except 15 years trade experience in lue of supervisory experience.
Other Requirements: Prospective candidates must possess and maintain a NIULPE First Class Engineer license or equivalent. Must be able to pass a drug and criminal history background check.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.