To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 10 days ago
CHENEGA MANAGEMENT, LLC]
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
Engineer II, Mechanical
Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
• The Design Engineer supports the U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security in Field Support Engineering (FSE), Technology Development Branch (TDB). TDB identifies, evaluates, approves, documents, and provides technical support for all Technical Security Systems (TSS) used by the Department of State at both domestic and overseas facilities. The Design Engineer’s duties are performed at a domestic facility in a laboratory environment.
• Design Engineers shall provide subject matter expertise on TSS used by Department of State. TSS includes CCTV system, access control, intrusion detection system, emergency notification system, intercom, X-Rays, explosion detection, and power systems
• Design Engineer shall be familiar with both digital (IP) and analog based TSS equipment.
• Design Engineers shall identify, test, and approve new technologies that would either replace obsolete technology and/or improve current solutions
• Design Engineers shall develop all necessary documentation for the field to be able to design, install, and troubleshoot approved TSS equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of current experience in conducting technical security assessments; product evaluations, performing technical needs assessments and recommending security upgrades.
• Secret clearance required, plus ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.