To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Initial Claims Handler II
Permanent General Companies, Inc. • Tampa, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The General is currently seeking qualified applicants for Initial Claims Handler II to join our company.Responsibilities
Reporting to a Claims Supervisor, the Initial Claims Handler II will be primarily responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. This level of claims adjuster will handle 1st and 3rd party claims. Will be required to investigate and determine coverage and liability and make the appropriate payments based on their decisions. This level of adjuster may also investigate and handle fire, theft and claims suspicious in nature. May also be introduced to minor bodily injury settlements.
Essential job responsibilities for this position will include:
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy.
- Establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims following company guidelines.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds; conduct recorded statements.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys; issue proper payments.
- Open and process correspondence related to assigned claims.
- Recognize recovery opportunities regarding subrogation and salvage.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- INS or other insurance related courses preferred.
- Six months to one year of property claims handling experience.
- Proficient PC and Windows skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication, time management, negotiation, organization and investigative skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.