To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TeamHealth • Knoxville, TN
Posted 12 days ago
The Director of Scheduling primary responsibility is to direct and oversee the division in the management of the scheduling functions. The Director of Scheduling also functions as a liaison between the department and the Vice President of Provider Services and other TeamHealth leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the preparation and analysis of scheduling reports
- Review performance data (financial, and activity reports) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels.
- Provide feedback to the regarding staff performance reviews; including compensation and disciplinary action.
- Responsible for the overall achievement of departmental productivity and goals.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Scheduling department and management.
- Oversee and direct the work of the Schedulers to ensure that goals are being met and processes are being followed
- Monitors effectiveness of processes, identifies areas for improvement, and creatively determines solutions to resolve inefficiencies;
- Work with VPPS to conduct regular meetings with the staff, provide education, teambuilding, and any necessary coaching;
- Provide feedback to Credentialing Manager to successfully complete annual performance reviews;
- Provide necessary training and coaching to staff depending on need and direction from direct supervisor;
- Take part in employee hiring processes (selection, validation, and orientation of new staff);
- Communication of operational issues to senior leadership as necessary.
- Maintain personal adherence to professional confidentiality standards established within the Department and in accordance with legal, ethical, and hospital policies.
- Schedules facility to providers for medical coverage which includes:
- Communicates with the Medical Directors of designated hospitals to ensure the preparation of Physician and Allied Health Providers schedules for their respective emergency departments.
- This may involve contacting providers to commit to uncovered shifts after the schedule has been prepared. In addition, this includes coordination and preparation of schedules for hospitals where no Medical Director is presiding.
- Communicates with all credentialed providers at each facility to ensure that all shifts are covered, including coverage for all unforeseen emergencies.
- Assists Tangier Facility Medical Directors in scheduling providers at individual sites as needed. Supports FMD in Tangier as it pertains to data entry and insuring that the schedules are published 30 days in advance. This includes:
- Working with the Facility Medical Director to identify potential scheduling issues that may require At-Large providers or Locum Tenens usage.
- Negotiating and obtaining necessary shift fee approvals. Report shift fees and additional compensation to payroll for accurate payment.
- Works with payroll to insure accurate provider pay.
- Prepares and distributes monthly scheduling information to internal departments.
- Directs the "AT LARGE" Providers based on divisional critical opening needs.
- Gathers availability, tracks travel, provider privileges and monitors contract compliance.
- Coordinates Locums coverage, verifies hours worked and routes invoices and/or check requests for the necessary approvals.
- On-Call for scheduling emergencies at facilities that are designated to yourself or your on-call team.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years Management Experience;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience, preferably in a medical setting working closely with physicians;
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well with deadlines, stressful situations and multiple tasks;
- Ability to think creatively within a short time-frame;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule;
- Ability to travel to various contract and start up sites as needed;
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software;