To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TSYS • Omaha, NE
Posted 1 month ago
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs a broad range of accounting functions with responsibility for accounting records in a small office or organization department. Assigns transaction codes to documents. Ensures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period. Posts, balances, and closes subsidiary ledgers. Follows up on delinquent accounts receivable customers. Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and accuracy of account documents and makes adjustments.
What Part Will You Play?
- Assists in a variety of routine accounting functions supporting the accounting department to include entering payment data, preparing invoices, and posting debit/credit wire transactions. Performs the initial review and verification of accounting documents or records, and daily/monthly balancing/reconciliations of accounting records/transactions, containing moderate calculations. Assists in correcting rejections and accounting errors in accordance with given instructions. Participates in the invoice review process validating pricing and pricing rules for accuracy, based upon contracts or renewal agreements.
- Functions as a first point of contact for internal clients, external clients, or vendors for routine to moderately complex accounting questions and inquiries. Researches issues or complaints for client/customer disputes.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (i.e. disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using legacy computer programs. Compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for a variety of routine to moderately complex reports to be reviewed by more experienced associates or management. Reviews supporting documentation retained for audit purposes.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Accounting, Finance, Accounts Payable, Billing, or related experience
- Associate's Degree
- Accounting, Finance, or related degree or certificate
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- MS Dynamics - Key in entries into General Ledger
- MS Office - Key entries
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.