The Company CTO will be the strategic leader of a very technically-inclined organization. The right candidate will thrive in a broad role that encompasses our Technology, Engineering and R&D Organizations. They will be a proven team-builder, possess outstanding technical acumen, and have a clear vision for how big data systems should be architected for the next generation of technologies. The right CTO will be comfortable with managing complexity, both of systems of machines and systems of people. Promoting a strong Engineering culture and world-class intra-team communication and transparency will be a priority. This position will work across the organization to define and drive the technology strategy, infrastructure and architecture vision that supports the successful execution of the product roadmap and business strategy.
- Excited about what we’re building, the opportunity we have, and the problems we solve for our customers.
- A leader. Of the company, of your teams, and in front of our customers.
- An attentive and courageous problem-solver.
- Approachable, open-minded, and a good listener.
- Thoughtful, bold, curious, trusted, practical, and likeable.
- A proven ability to hire, motivate, align and manage high performing, happy and empowered teams.
- Outstanding communication skills. You are deeply trusted by your teams.
Strong technical acumen, built on years of experience. You have a passion for technology and a desire to stay current with the technologies relevant to this role.
- Credibility, internally and externally.
- A desire to be in front of customers and the company as a visible leader.
- Belief in transparency and accountability across all Technology disciplines.
- A bias for action. You are willing to take risks in a disciplined manner.
- Reporting to the CEO, lead, scale and manage the technical organizations within the company: Technology, Engineering, R&D. Currently about 40 employees.
- Build, develop and lead high-performing, empowered teams that deliver with velocity and quality.
- Work with Product and Go-to-Market teams to deliver outstanding solutions for our customers.
- Study and continuously learn about our industry, products, competitors and customers.
- Provide strategic input as part of a highly engaged executive team, including leading our technology strategy and contributing to the Product roadmap.
- Develop and publish a technology roadmap for the company.
- Exhibit world-class communication skills and a drive for transparency within all teams at the Company. Develop strong relationships with your direct reports and the Executive Team.
- Set clear priorities and goals and manage to them.
- This must include a plan to manage new and legacy ‘technical debt’.
- Have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolve issues.
- Invest in the professional development of your direct reports and all members of your organization.
- Help foster innovation. Support a culture that empowers everyone to be a thought leader.
- Maintain a focus on product and solution support and honor internal and external SLAs.
- Develop and manage to annual and quarterly budgets.
Qualifications - Must Have:
- Impeccable integrity, innate drive, and alignment to Company Values.
- Proven ability to hire, motivate, align, scale and manage high performing teams.
- Deep enterprise-grade software, systems and data architecture experience.
- Experience moving an organization from clever start-up to scalable enterprise.
- Proven success working collaboratively with Product teams and delivering and supporting successful products and solutions on time and on budget.
- Deep experience delivering SaaS solutions.
- Experience with cloud and hybrid cloud migrations: We are moving from a datacenter environment to Cloud/AWS.
- An ability to hire outstanding Engineers and technologists in a very competitive environment.
- A desire for there to be joy in work.
- Comfort with cloud, hybrid cloud and on-prem environments.
- At least 15+ years of engineering experience, 10+ years in management roles.
Qualifications - Helpful to Have:
- DNS knowledge.
Security industry experience.
- Experience with ‘big data’ processing systems and technologies
- Internal security posture and operations experience.
Data science experience.
- Experience managing remote individuals and teams.
- Strong business strategy acumen.
- A willing to embrace open source technologies where appropriate.
- A belief in Agile methodologies and in tooling and data as important facets to managing projects and teams.
Coordinating With Others