To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV 89501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Skilled Trades Recruiter
Bergelectric Corp. • Reno, NV
Posted 13 days ago
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical coverage, paid time off and 401(k) benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The craft recruiter position will have accountability for an assigned territory’s field staffing needs. This role will utilize a variety of methods to attract and secure top-tier candidates. It will also actively research and identify new approaches to source potential candidates. In addition, the position will focus heavily on networking and will develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships. This role will also review new hire evaluations and communicate findings with the appropriate HR Manager.
The craft recruiter role has been classified in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) as an exempt position and will report directly to the senior human resources manager. Additionally, the HR manager position is categorized as a full-time position with the expectation of a minimum of 40 working hours per week, or more when deemed necessary. This role may be required to travel, depending on the regional delegation and needs within the HR department.
- Approve content and direct the HR coordinator to post job openings
- Attend internal and external events/functions and create networking opportunities
- Identify and manage relevant career fairs and trade shows to generate leads
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers to ensure that staffing goals are achieved
- Serve as liaison with area high schools, colleges, apprenticeship programs and industry associations
- Review past rosters to identify previous employees to target
- Utilize job boards and social media sites to identify potential candidates (such as Careerbuilder, Indeed, Craigslist, our applicant tracking system, etc.)
- Identify and vet out new methods of sourcing candidates
- Communicate employer information and benefits during recruiting process
- Screen and interview candidates. At the direction of the regional HR manager, make hiring decision directly or schedule interview with other parties
- Timely prepare and present summary and trending reports, as requested
- Stay current on the company's organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
Pre-Employment and Onboarding:
- Notify HR manager and HR coordinator of candidate offer acceptance pass along for onboarding
- When contacted by prospective new hire as a means of follow up, ensure they are uncommunication with the HR coordinator to complete the onboarding process
- Review 30-60-90-day new hire evaluations relaying this information to the regional HR manager; immediately notifying of any urgent matters that need to be escalated
- Check in with new hire at least once every 30 days during probationary period and relay feedback to regional HR manager
- A minimum of 3 years of high-volume recruiting experience; preferably with skilled trades
- Excellent searching and sourcing techniques with a track record of utilizing creative methods of locating and attracting prospective candidates
- Communicates effectively and professionally with applicants and at all levels within the company organization
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Strong knowledge of apprentice programs and labor laws specific to the electrical construction industry
- Manages time effectively; excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates business savvy with ability to develop and maintain successful partnerships with both management and employees
- Adheres to Berglectric’s quality standards and company policies and procedures
- Comfortable utilizing electronic operating systems, communication methods, and presentation tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Applicant Tracking System, etc.)
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate details related to policies and processes
- Maintains confidentiality and a high level of business ethics
- Adapts quickly and easily to changing priorities
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Contractor