We are hiring a 3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor for our bottling client located in Anaheim, CA. This position will be Direct Hire working from 9:00pm - 6:00am, Monday - Friday. It will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment and systems by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times
- Directs workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment including, but not limited to such items as: motors, pumps, conveyors, fillers, case formers, case loaders, sealers, coders, palletizers and other packaging and processing equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in resolving work problems
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individuals in the department.
- Enters timely and accurate information into preventive maintenance computer program.
- Recommends parts to be kept in stock or to be deleted from stock.
- Flexibility to work schedule including weekends depending upon staffing and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily
- Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization-s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Basic math skills using whole numbers and fractions. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Kronos Timekeeping system; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word software.
- PLC programming and knowledge of ladder logic is a plus.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing supervision of maintenance personnel in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands: Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to climb up and down stairs, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
Packaging And Labeling