To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Life Sciences • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 days ago
- The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates.
- We accomplish this through the application of state of the art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, drug transport and pharmacokinetics.
- The DMPK group works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
The Biotransformation group is seeking a highly motivated individual to apply drug metabolism in drug design. Primary responsibilities include:
- Hands on work in metabolite identification by high-resolution LC-MS/MS and determine the biotransformation pathways of peptides and small molecules.
- Solid understanding of drug metabolizing enzymes (e.g., CYP, hydrolyases).
- Design, perform and interpret drug metabolism studies with focus on characterizing metabolic
Pathways and soft spots in drug discovery.
- Develop LC-MS/MS methods for challenging molecules.
- At advanced level, integrate metabolism information into guiding chemistry designs.
- Strong background in organic chemistry and drug metabolism reactions.
- Strong skills in qualitative LC-MS/MS instrumentation and data analysis, method development and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with quantitative LC-MS/MS is a plus.
- Experience with high-resolution MS-based structural elucidation of unknown structures of small molecules and peptides, common chemical derivatization techniques to identify site of metabolism, and use of isotopically labeled reagents to aid the understanding of enzyme reactions.
- Experience with biotransformation of macrocyclic peptides, proteomics and nanospray LC-MS is a plus.
Education: The position requires a Ph.D. M.Sc., or B.Sc. degree in chemical, pharmaceutical, biological or other relevant science disciplines with a strong experimental metabolism background
Hours Per Day: 8.00
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.