To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL 33646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant 1
Gerdau • Tampa, FL
Posted 4 days ago
Empowering people who build the future.
Gerdau is the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of specialty long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Gerdau Special Steel North America is an engineered bar producer headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with world-class steel manufacturing mills in Jackson, Michigan, Monroe Michigan, and Fort Smith, Arkansas, and metal processing facilities in Huntington, Indiana, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Lansing, Michigan, Canton, Ohio, and North Vernon, Indiana.
With engineered steel bar producing capabilities in North America, Europe, Brazil, and soon to be India, the Gerdau Special Steel group is the largest supplier of SBQ engineered steel bars to the global automotive and heavy truck industries.
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Company's financial system, including preparing consolidated financial statements for monthly internal financial and statistical reporting, and providing financial information to the parent company (Gerdau S.A.) on a timely basis. This position is also responsible for the consolidation of the company, reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing audit schedules, and financial and statistical analysis. The Senior Accountant will be involved with the month end close of the company and will have to research technical accounting topics when required by management. The incumbent will be involved in several projects and will work without close supervision and somewhat independently toward achieving specific project goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in monthly closing and financial reporting by preparing routine complex journal entries, consolidation of the various legal entities and review journal entries prepared by accountants. Reviews system generated journal entries for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Monthly internal financial reporting, primarily the monthly Financial Report (which includes financial and statistical information) for management.
- Annually prepares the Financial Statements including footnotes.
- Quarterly and annual preparation of schedules and footnotes support for Gerdau S.A. (parent company).
- Conducts internal audit control self-assessment reviews and assists in SOX-related audit issue resolutions.
- Maintains integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness, and prepares audit schedules for outside auditors.
- Performs accounting for complex accounting areas, such as stock compensation, pensions and derivatives, acquisition and sale of investments, etc.
- Performs general accounting duties including preparation/submission of various governmental financial and statistical reports, and financials for trade cases as required.
- Accounting projects as assigned by the Corporate Accounting Manager and Director, Accounting Operations; requires independence and project management skills to obtain project objectives.
- Prepares financial analysis.
- Acts as the liaison with plant and corporate accounting personnel for accounting issues.
- Seeks continual improvements of all accounting processes.
- Stays abreast of current accounting standards, including, but not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the various authoritative accounting guidance (FASB, SEC, etc.) to ensure adequate accounting for and disclosure of the company’s financial information for internal and external reporting. Ad hoc research and special projects related to a wide range of technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
- This position requires formal education at an accredited university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 4 to 6 years of work experience with a large public accounting firm and/or private company within the SEC reporting area is preferred.
- The individual should possess a broad knowledge of accounting and reporting, preferably in a manufacturing environment, including consolidated reporting. Work experience should include exposure to a manufacturing environment and hands-on experience in general accounting, cost accounting, and internal controls. Being a Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- The incumbent should be proficient in PC software, preferably the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Experience with SAP and Business Intelligence (BI) reports would be a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].