Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Reporting directly to a C-suite executive, the Executive Assistant-Finance provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the Masonite Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to their assigned executives/personnel
- Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments and travel; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is often highly confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, including international travel, itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Assists with planning and creating presentations and events.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Is an effective gatekeeper with both internal and external parties; creating win-win situations for direct access to their leadership team.
- Communicates as needed, directly, and on behalf of senior leadership, employees and others on matters.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, leadership and staff at all levels.
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Independently plans and manages the agenda and logistics for all Finance Leadership Team (FLT) meetings and events, including weekly and monthly meetings as well as the annual FLT Strategy Offsite.
- Manages the FLT collaboration site (Microsoft Teams application); responsible for maintaining site structure, posting of shared materials, and site functionality improvements where appropriate.
- Assists as needed with financial analysis and support of the Investor Relations team, including gathering and maintaining summaries of key industry and economic data for the CFO, using the company’s Bloomberg terminal to assist with peer group research and analysis, etc.
•Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
•Strong work tenure: three +years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
•Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
•Demonstrates very high degree of professionalism and poise in dealing with external constituents (e.g. members of the investor or investment banking communities) when communicating on behalf of the CFO and schedule meetings.
•Demonstrates a high level of analytical ability and curiosity, and has a broad interest in financial concepts
•Extreme level of organization, with the ability to collaborate across functional lines to plan and coordinate complex events