To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Rexnord • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 1 month ago
The Rexnord Innovation Center has opportunity for a senior engineer to join our Advanced Engineering team to be the technical and application subject matter expert for sensor and electromechanical hardware technologies. In this role, the individual will be responsible for leading both strategic and tactical projects that support new product development and R&D functions. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of managing competing priorities, will demonstrate technical expertise with Electrical and Mechanical engineering concepts, and will utilize effective communication, problem solving, and project management skills to deliver on commercial and capability building project commitments
- Lead planning and execution of development, design, and testing projects to meet internal and external customer objectives and timelines
- Lead proactive work to influence design decisions for new product development programs
- Stay abreast of new technologies and recommend industrial and academic partnerships to support current and future product needs
- Create and lead internal education and best-practice sharing initiatives to share knowledge across globally dispersed teams
- Communicate key project outputs to stakeholders verbally and through formal written reports
- Maintain project plans and prepare detailed written project reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Requires a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related engineering field
- 5 years minimum professional experience (years of advanced degree education will be considered in lieu of years of professional experience)
- Experience selecting & applying sensors (e.g. vibration, temperature, proximity, etc.) used in mechanical industrial settings.
- Ability to create software programs (e.g. PLC ladder logic) for data collection.
- Expertise with controls, logic, automation, and industrial sensor application or development
- Experience working with cross-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related engineering field
- Experience working with electrical instrumentation in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that require interaction with cross-discipline teams such as R&D, design engineering, simulation, software, hardware, and system integrators
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Project management experience
- Experience developing and implementing continuous sensing technologies, such as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Engagement in professional community or academic consortia related to electro-mechanical systems and industrial sensor applications
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components worldwide used within complex systems where our customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy, and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN (pronounced "Direction"), based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran