To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior IT Systems Administrator - Top Secret Clearance
DDL Omni Engineering • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is seeking a qualified Senior IT Systems Administrator to assist in operating and maintaining our client’s various enterprise information technology systems and supporting subsystems. This encompasses managing various client systems to include Windows Server, Citrix XenServer, and VMWare systems. The ideal candidate should possess strong professional interpersonal qualities in addition to the technical aptitude expected from an established IT professional.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and inventory of the backup system along with setting up schedules and monitoring their progress.
• Organize, schedule and manage monthly maintenance downtimes of IT equipment to include monitoring progress and providing status reports to management personnel.
• Schedule the deployment of software packages and system updates through the use of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
• Provide direct IT support to a tier 2 level Service Desk supporting over 30 sites throughout the world. The direct liaison between the Service Desk and Tier 3 Engineer personnel to include escalating trouble tickets and working directly with both in resolving complex issues.
• Maintain accurate records through use of online ticketing and inventory system.
• Report directly to the Service Desk Line Manager.
• Become part of a team responsible for the timely implementation of major upgrades and improvements to a network supporting 400+ users at over 30 sites throughout the world.
• Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
• Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Be DoD 8570 IAT level 2 compliant by having a Security+ certification or equal or greater certification (i.e. CISSP).
- System Administrator with one or more of the following designations: MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CCA for XenApp 6.5, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, VCP.
- 10+ years of strong technical IT infrastructure / systems experience, including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows Group Policy, NTFS, DNS, DHCP, and LAN administration.
- Advanced knowledge of & experience working with Windows Client (Windows 7/10), Server (2008R2/2012R2/2016), Active Directory, and Windows Group Policy.
- Advanced experience in scheduling and managing backups of systems data utilizing programs like Backup Exec to include daily monitoring and maintenance of related equipment.
- Advanced experience in managing Windows Server technologies to include SQL Server, System Center (SCCM, SCOM), SharePoint, Exchange 2010/2016, etc.
- Experience with SAN storage technologies such as Dell EqualLogic and EMC devices and integration with vSphere 6.0/6.5.
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration, optimization, and industry best practices.
- Extensive experience with networking, desktops / laptops, servers, virtualization, managing data, applications, websites, and database supporting a multi-site, multi-domain Windows forest.
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technologies or related field.
- 7+ years of enterprise-level Active Directory administration
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with MS Exchange
- 7+ years of hands-on experience managing/administering a patch management solution (i.e. SCCM/WSUS)
- Solid understanding of VBScript and PowerShell
- Extensive experience administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting Backup Exec or a related program to ensure data is being consistently backed up and safely stored.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to assist and train others where needed while providing support to over 300 customers through telephone, online and in person in a diverse and continually evolving work environment.