The Account Executive creates and drives the account plan to exceed the client’s expectations, leads the Account team to deliver outstanding performance and ensures safety and efficiency are at the highest levels. This opportunity is leading a large account team with significant growth expected over the next several years, supporting a Fortune 50 client.
The Account Executive will lead a large team of talented Material Handling, Base Building and Engineering professionals and technicians managing and maintaining a network of fulfillment and sortation centers in North America. Direct reports will include two Operations Directors who each cover half the 50MSF portfolio. They are supported by nine regional maintenance managers (RMMs) who support up to 15 locations. Significant expansion of the portfolio is expected and additional RMMs will be added to the team to accommodate growth. Other key team leaders include a Finance Director, HR Director, Communications Director, Performance Director and Safety Director.
The Account Executive is accountable for developing and implementing an account plan which will exceed our client’s expectations and ensure a healthy long term relationship. The Account Executive anticipates client needs and delivers to outperform on the key performance indicators within the contract and builds financial plans to exceed revenue and profitability. The Account Executive creates and manages high performing teams which not only delivers operational excellence but keeps employees engaged and thriving. Safety, Innovation, Reliability and Uptime are essential to the success of the engagement. The client environment is a 24x7 operation which at times will require engagement and leadership outside regular business hours.
- Executes the vision and strategy of the account plan ensuring the client objectives and interests are met
- Ensures service delivery is high quality and exceeds the clients’ expectations
- Develops, manages and implements Voice of the Customer (VOC) to regularly gain input and direction from clients
- Responds to any client issues in an expedient and professional demeanor.
- Dives deep into Operations issues to inform both near term resolutions and long term solutions to avoid repeating issues.
BUILDS AND MANAGES HIGH-PERFORMING TEAMS
- Hire, attract and retain a team of top talented employees; improve team performance through regular coaching and feedback; provide recognition
- Understand the client’s key business drivers; focus the team to ensure those priorities are aligned with our deliverables
- Embody the firm’s and client’s values and core behaviors of collaboration, integrity and excellence
- Advances the firm’s diversity and inclusion priorities by focusing on talent moves, i.e. hiring, rotation and promotion
- Develops budget and manages to ensure plan is met or exceeded in both growth and profitability
- Retain all current business lines and expand the book of business with the client to extend beyond existing product lines or geography
- Makes investments as needed to ensure performance and growth objectives are achieved while still maintaining current year profitability
- Dedicated to exceeding client expectations and continuous improvement thru rigorous application of proactive planning and lessons learned reviews
- Proactively solicits and responds to feedback and input from the client
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Experienced in managing multiple client contacts across a large geography. Able to manage through sometimes conflicting client priorities.
- Measures the relevant data (financial, environmental, performance) and uses the data appropriately to reassess, adjust, expand or curtail
- Takes corrective action quickly and decisively when performance falls short of expectation or when redirection is required
- Clearly establishes performance expectations and goals for employees
- Provides point in time feedback to enhance performance of employees
- Creates an environment with strong morale
- Experienced in managing large and geographically diverse teams
- Uses rigor and logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Identifies issues before they become problems
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Realize operating leverage through process improvement, gaining capacity for value-added work
- An expert in industrial material handling or fulfillment/sortation centers
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a significant leadership role across the Americas with teams of similar scale.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative, forward thinking, creative individual with the highest ethical standards.
- The candidate must possess strong communication skills, the ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Bias for Action: Engages immediately to solve problems; able to course correct quickly as timetables and requirements change in response to the client’s business needs; is capable of leading without 100% certainty of a solution in place; willing to do what it takes in all situations and build a team of the like-minded individuals
- Travel: Will vary from 25% - 75% as the business requires.
- The position will be based daily in Downtown Seattle and the candidate must be able to manage a moderate to heavy travel schedule, sometimes with short notice.
- Relocation assistance will be a part of the offer package.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or similar graduate degree desirable
- Broad range of business experience acquired through previous work experience
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Business Process Improvement