To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager
GAF • Tampa, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The Human Resources Manager maintains and enhances the Tampa plant’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations, rewards / recognition, performance management, training & development, workforce planning & analysis, safety and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Essential duties of the role include:
10 % - Strategic Business Partner
- Contribute to the business objectives by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes. Act as a liaison between the operations and HR to ensure HR services are aligned with the needs of the business and identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives. Participate in corporate HR project teams and programs.
5 % - Rewards & Recognition
- Maintains site hourly & nonexempt base compensation structure by periodically benchmarking the site against external compensation surveys; working with members of the team in order to ensure position descriptions appropriately reflect the work being performed; assisting local team in creating appropriate compensation budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual compensation actions; recommending, planning, and implementing site compensation structure revisions.
- Coordinates the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan for union & non-union employees.
- Coordinates the administration of all Raise the Roof and Drive to zero awards and recommends structure for awards so they help to drive appropriate business performance.
5% - Performance Management
- Champion the Talent Management Process and ensure timely, accurate and fair assessments of employee performance are conducted per the corporate guidelines.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Provide expert advice and coaching where appropriate. Ensure that strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization.
5% - Training & Development
- Assist the business leaders to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure current and future performance standards are met. Support managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business objectives.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
5 % - Workforce Planning and Analysis
- Assist business leaders in the systematic identification and analysis of what the organization is going to need in terms of the size, type, experience, knowledge, skills and quality of workforce to achieve its objectives.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Maintains organization staffing by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; maintains records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee information and data, including but not limited to issues such as staffing levels, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
20% - Safety
- Champion the safety and health management process for the site. With assistance from the corporate safety function develops safety and health programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Administer the local Workers' Compensation program.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plant to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Assist in the analysis, tracking and reporting of key safety measurements necessary to aid in eliminating accidents and incidents.
- Schedule and conduct safety inspections throughout the facility.
- Conduct plant safety observations aimed at identifying potential risks with follow-up communications with the appropriate operating work group.
- Act as a resource for developing, teaching and applying the safety programs within the facility.
- Troubleshoot medium and long-range health and safety process problems.
50% - Employee Relations
- Champion the Strategic Labor Relations Plan for the facility.
- Ensure consistent application of all corporate and plant policies, collective bargaining agreements and/or plant practices. Communicate HR programs and policies to plant staff and address all related questions. Lead a process for capturing desired changes in plant policies, practices, or contract language.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management. Identify trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues, conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Identify and resolve employee issues through regular contact with all employees, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Develop and execute proactive employee engagement programs to ensure high levels of management credibility and business performance. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintains working relationship with union officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Represents management in investigating, answering and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry to intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Entry to intermediate Training & Development skills
- Intermediate Recruiting skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Employee Relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Reasoning ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few physical variables in everyday situations.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Decision Making and Excellent Judgment
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in an exempt level Human Resources, and
- 2-3 years of experience in HR management experience is preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, especially roofing, is preferred