IT Business System Analyst - Software Development
PLEASE NOTE: This position is not eligible for H1 Visa sponsorship, contract or off-shore development.
With over 20 years of operating experience, CURO provides financial freedom to the underbanked, a large and growing market. Our Financial Technology Team has created a unique, fully integrated system for end-to-end ownership of our financial and loan transactions.
Join our team who has designed and continues to enhance our companies customer-facing websites, POS, GUI application and other key applications from features, enhances or complete re-designs ensuring the next generation of financial support for our employees and customers is a success. Any new brand our company launches we design, build and implement through our agile environment.
If you are seeking to belong to a BSA team that partners with our in-house 15 plus software development team that has the opportunity to see the final product completed making a positive impact to our employees globally and the communities we serve from the US, to Canada - apply today!
Our Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) partners with the business to develop user and functional specifications collaborating with our in-house software developers to interpret the specifications to ensure success and support for our employees and the communities we serve.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Partners with the business to understand what drives the business, key success factors, critical needs and what is needed to make the business unit successful.
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating these into functional specifications.
- Responsible for facilitating system design sessions.
- Analyzes and documents business processes. Develops functional and system design specifications. Documents work flows and results of business analysis and obtains approvals as needed.
- Provides end user training on new functionality.
- Monitors outstanding Issues / software updates and helps prioritize.
- Provides input to help the business better understand how technology can be used to provide efficiencies and better utilize resources.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise independent judgment and the ability to take initiative and creatively solve complex problems.
- Tests all issues included in a release.
- Works with software developers to resolve software issues and to obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and data analysis as needed.
- Helps resolve functionality and data issues as needed.
- Keeps supervisor and management informed on issues and the status of work planned and completed.
- Work in a team environment of at least 5 plus developers.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials.
- Conduct business and perform job duties in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete all compliance training assigned to them to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company's reputation and success.
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements.
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance
- Model the Company's Vision and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to write simple to complex queries in Microsoft SQL; prefer 3+ years of enterprise work experience
- Must have prior hands-on experience creating IT software development requirement documents, design specifications documents, use cases and test cases; prefer 3+ years of enterprise work experience
- Excellent communications skills required both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as this position will work with all levels within the organization
- Previous experience with large-scale client/server products
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well independently and within teams
- Prior software design and development experience preferred
- Application development with object oriented experience a plus
- Previous experience in banking / financial / retail industry a plus
- Visio experience highly recommended
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Business or equivalent 4 year degree required.
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, and Canada. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We rise to the challenge of designing products and services which not only meet our customers' needs but also meet state-by-state and, in Canada, province-by-province requirements. In the US alone, this equates to over 40 different loan product types and growing! Today, our corporate office is in Wichita, Kansas, birthplace of our company founders. We also have administrative offices in Chicago and Toronto.
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition, it is the policy of CURO Financial Technologies Corp to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works. Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, and CURO Financial Management accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+, CURO Financial Management, and Revolve Finance employees, or send to any CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance facility. CURO Financial Technologies Corp, CURO Financial Management, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.